By Kyung Won Chung PhD, Harold M. Chung MD
Written within the well known Board overview sequence define layout, this strong, easy-to-use source provides the necessities of human anatomy via concise descriptions, scientific correlations, radiographs, full-color illustrations, and tables. Over 550 board-style questions with whole solutions and motives, chapter-ending checks, and an end-of-book entire examination assist you grasp key information.
- New high-yield reports on the finish of every bankruptcy offer certain practise for USMLE Step 1 and anatomy path examinations.
- An up-to-date full-color paintings software is helping you already know tricky thoughts and complex anatomical structures.
- greater than 550 USMLE-style questions, solutions, and rationales can be found either electronically and in print to facilitate gross anatomy review.
- New radiographs, MRIs, CT scans, ultrasound scans, and angiograms assist you improve a greater realizing of anatomy and medical medicine.
- scientific correlations display connections among anatomical wisdom and medical medicine.
- A 100-question finished examination on the finish of the booklet offers a very good prep software for the particular exam.
- a brand new bankruptcy on cranial nerves presents details coated on USMLE Step 1 and anatomy direction examinations.
- (An interactive on-line query financial institution makes it effortless so you might create customized perform assessments to gauge your understanding.)
Read or Download BRS Gross Anatomy PDF
Similar anatomy books
What occurred alongside the evolutionary path that made people so exact? In his available type, Michael Gazzaniga pinpoints the swap that made us considering, sentient people various from our predecessors. He explores what makes human brains exact, the significance of language and artwork in defining the human situation, the character of human cognizance, or even synthetic intelligence.
The significantly acclaimed laboratory regular, tools in Enzymology, is among the so much hugely revered guides within the box of biochemistry. because 1955, every one quantity has been eagerly awaited, often consulted, and praised via researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence comprises a lot fabric nonetheless appropriate today--truly an important booklet for researchers in all fields of existence sciences
" An Atlas for the twenty first Century the main certain, state of the art photos of ordinary spinal anatomy on hand this present day are the center-piece of this dazzling atlas for clinicians, trainees, and scholars within the neurologically-based clinical specialties. actually an ìatlas for the twenty first century,î this finished visible reference offers a close evaluation of spinal anatomy got by utilizing a number of imaging modalities and complicated recommendations that let visualization of constructions impossible with traditional MRI or CT.
- Eukaryotic Transcriptional and Post-Transcriptional Gene Expression Regulation
- Campbell Essential Biology with Physiology
- The Ubiquitin System in Health and Disease (Ernst Schering Foundation Symposium Proceedings)
- The Human Brain. A Guided Tour
Extra resources for BRS Gross Anatomy
Coronary arteries arise from the ascending aorta and supply blood to the heart. Portal venous system consists of the hepatic portal system in which blood from the intestinal capillary bed passes through the hepatic portal vein and then hepatic capillaries (sinusoids) to the hepatic veins, and the hypophyseal portal system in which blood from the hypothalamic capillaries passes through the hypophyseal portal veins and then the pituitary capillary sinusoids to the hypophyseal veins. Varicose veins are dilated veins that develop in the superficial veins of the lower limb because of reduced elasticity and incompetent valves in the veins or thrombophlebitis of the deep veins.
3. Typical cervical, thoracic, and lumbar vertebrae. indd # 153691 Cust: LWW22 Au: Chung Pg. No. 22 C/M/Y/K DESIGN SERVICES OF 10/09/14 2:29 PM Chapter 2 Back 23 CLINICAL CORRELATES Abnormal curvatures of the vertebral column include (a) kyphosis (hunchback or humpback), an abnormally increased thoracic curvature resulting from osteoporosis; (b) lordosis (swayback or saddle back), an abnormally increased lumbar curvature resulting from trunk muscular weakness or osteomalacia; and (c) scoliosis, a condition of lateral deviation resulting from unequal growth of the vertebral column, pathologic erosion of vertebral bodies, or asymmetric paralysis or weakness of vertebral muscles.
Second Cervical Vertebra (Axis) ■ Has the smallest transverse process. ■ Is characterized by the dens (odontoid process), which projects superiorly from the body of the axis and articulates with the anterior arch of the atlas, thus forming the pivot around which the atlas rotates. It is supported by the cruciform, apical, and alar ligaments and the tectorial membrane. indd # 153691 Cust: LWW26 Au: Chung Pg. No. 26 C/M/Y/K DESIGN SERVICES OF 10/09/14 2:29 PM Chapter 2 Back 27 CLINICAL CORRELATES Fracture of the atlas occurs by strong vertical forces as would result from a blow to the top of the head or striking the bottom of a shallow pool in a diving accident, causing fracture of the lateral masses and rupture of the transverse ligament.
- Die menschliche Lunge by H. von Hayek
- Neuroanatomy for the Neuroscientist by Stanley Jacobson