By Shan S. Wong
Since the book of the 1st version of Chemistry of Protein Conjugation and Cross-Linking in 1991, new cross-linking reagents, significantly multifunctional cross-linkers, were constructed and synthesized. The of completion of the human genome undertaking has opened a brand new region for learning nucleic acid and protein interactions utilizing nucleic acid cross-linking reagents, and advances have additionally been made within the region of biosensors and microarray biochips for the detection and research of genes, proteins, and carbohydrates. additionally, advancements in actual thoughts with extraordinary sensitivity and backbone have facilitated the research of cross-linked items.
Updated to mirror the advances of the twenty first century, this publication offers:
- An assessment of the chemical rules underlying the methods of cross-linking and conjugation
- A thorough checklist of cross-linking reagents released within the literature because the first variation, masking monofunctional, homobifunctional, heterobifunctional, multifunctional, and zero-length cross-linkers
- Reviews of using those reagents in learning protein tertiary constructions, geometric preparations of subunits inside of complicated proteins and nucleic acids, near-neighbor research, protein-to-protein or ligand–receptor interactions, and conformational alterations of biomolecules
- Discusses the appliance of immunoconjugation for immunoassays, immunotoxins for special treatment, microarray know-how for research of varied biomolecules, and sturdy country chemistry for immobilizations
Read or Download Chemistry of Protein and Nucleic Acid Cross-Linking and Conjugation PDF
Similar clinical chemistry books
This quantity within the Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds sequence offers a accomplished overview of the quinoxaline literature from 1975 to the current (2002), updating Volumes five and 35 . It presents an alphabetical desk of identified uncomplicated quinoxalines, together with new compounds mentioned during this quantity and their actual facts, in addition to the pyrazines from the unique volumes.
This e-book permits the reader to achieve a fast realizing of GC/MS research via a uncomplicated wisdom of the basic rules, linking those with uncomplicated and useful purposes within the box of commercial medication and research of substances. additional info from different expert fields can also be supplied with the purpose of supporting the analyst to appreciate their relevance to the translation of effects.
Content material: 1. Antioxidant size and purposes: an summary; 2. Antioxidants and melanoma remedy: To take or to not take: that's the query? ; three. Antioxidants and entire foodstuff Phytochemicals for melanoma Prevention; four. size of Antioxidant job in foodstuff and organic structures; five. Hydrophilic and Lipophilic Antioxidant ability in meals: size and in vivo Implications; 6.
- Clinical Trial Design: Bayesian and Frequentist Adaptive Methods
- Handbook of Cell Signaling
- Bupleurum Species: Scientific Evaluation and Clinical Applications
- Reviews of reactive intermediate chemistry
- Functional Food: Safety Aspects: Symposium
- Compendium of chemical terminology : IUPAC recommendations
Additional info for Chemistry of Protein and Nucleic Acid Cross-Linking and Conjugation
2. Lundblad, R. , CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2004, p. 139. 3. Duggleby, K. G. , A competitive labeling method for the determination of the chemical properties of solitary functional groups in proteins, Biochemistry, 14, 5168, 1975. 4. Schewale, J. G. , Effects of Fe3+ binding on the microenvironments of individual amino groups in human serum transferrin as determined by different kinetic labeling, J. Biol. , 257, 9406, 1982. 5. , Nolte, R. , and Zannis, V. , 5, 3495, 1986. 6. Tskhovrebova, L. , Titan: Properties and family relationships, Nat.
Lambert, J. , Pierce, L. , and Traut, R. , Addition of sulfhydryl group of Escherichia coli ribosomes by protein modification with 2-iminothiolate (methyl 4-mercaptobutyrimidate), Biochemistry, 17, 5399, 1978. 51. Schramm, H. J. , The use of 2-iminothiolane as a protein crosslinking reagent, HoppeSeyler’s Z. Physiol. , 358, 137, 1977. 52. Bush, D. A. and Winkler, M. , Isoelectric focusing of cross-linked monoclonal antibody heterodimers, homodimers and derivatized monoclonal antibodies, J. , 489, 303, 1989.
Principles of Nucleic Acid Structure, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1983. 83. Volkov, S. , Some aspects of the DNA hypochromic effect theory, Int. J. , 16, 119, 1979. 84. , Molecular mechanisms in nucleic acid photochemistry. I. Sensitized photochemical splitting of thymine dimer, J. Am. Chem. , 88, 6113, 1966. 85. Pashev, I. , Dimitrov, S. , Crosslinking proteins to nucleic acids by ultraviolet laser irradiation, Trends Biochem. , 16, 323, 1991. 86. Nikogosyan, D. , Two-quantum UV photochemistry of nucleic acids: Comparison with conventional low-intensity UV photochemistry and radiation chemistry, Int.
- Soft ground improvement: in lowland and other environments by L. R. Anderson, N. Miura, A. S. Balasubramaniam, D. T.
- Asset Management: Whole Life Management by Chris Lloyd